Notate Your Dance using Motif Notation
3 Week Intensive
June 15th - July 6th
COURSE OFFERED ONLINE ONLY
Fee: $99 + materials (purchased separately)
*Proceeds go toward Megill & Company’s Music for Dance Competition
Megill & Company is a Non-Profit organization and donations are tax deductible.
Learn an 8 principles and corresponding tools for notating your dance choreography using Motif Notation and the Language of Dance® Approach.
Non-synchronous lessons introduce essential theory and notation best-practices and then weekly group meetings (held on Zoom) give you a chance to workshop your ideas with the cohort. Please join us!
To confirm your place in Notating Your Dance Using Motif Notation for $99 please submit your fee through PayPal. Then email Beth Megill at firstname.lastname@example.org for further course information including the zoom link for the first live session on June 15th at 9am (Pacific).
Additional questions? Email instructor Beth Megill at email@example.com
For more detailed information, please click here: LINK TO SYLLABUS
To register, click here:
1st Annual "Music for Dance" Composition Competition
Submission Due Date: July 31st
IMAGINE!! Your Music Danced to by MeCo Dancers and $500 in your pocket!
Announcing our first ever music for dance competition. Times are strange and we are all looking for ways to earn a few extra dollars. If you are composer/musician, this could be your chance!
Our Meco dancers and choreographers are always looking for more music to use in our productions. Please consider submitting a piece of your music for our Music for Dance Competition. Your recording may be used in an upcoming Meco production and you may even win an award!
1st Place Award: $500
2nd Place Award: $300
3rd Place Award: $200
There is no submission fee.
Requirements and Specifics:
1. You must submit a recording of your piece of music (sheet music is not required.)
2. Your recording must be between 6-11 minutes in length.
3. Your piece may include any instrumentation you desire, voices and/or lyrics, soundscapes, or other noises.
4. Any sounds included in your composition must be owned by you (no sampling or using musicians who require compensation when the recording is played in future Meco productions.
5. Submissions must be in one of the following formats: m4a, mp3, wav, or FLAC.
6. Pieces must be original compositions and can not have been used in prior productions or performances by other companies.
6. Submissions should be emailed to . Emailed submissions should include a brief biography of the composer, name of the piece, and either your finished recording (attached), or a link to where the recording can be downloaded (i.e. Dropbox, WeTransfer.com, Google Drive, etc.)
7. Submissions must be received no later than July 31st, 2020.
8. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of MeCo artists. Winners will be notified via email by August 15th, 2020, and the three award winners will be announced online on the Meco website.
The fine print: When you submit your work for the competition, you are granting permission for Meco to use the recording of your piece of music in any of our upcoming productions, including live dance events, virtual performances, or filmed dance, without requiring royalty payments. Your piece may be chosen for productions whether or not you win a monetary award (1st-3rd places) in our competition. Credit for your composition will be given in all marketing materials related to the production in which your work will be heard (posters, flyers, website, programs, etc.) and you will be notified whenever your work is used by Meco.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!